The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS), North Texas Chapter is seeking an enthusiastic individual to provide marketing and communications support, as well as increase awareness for LLS and all of our fundraising campaigns. This is a great opportunity to experience working in a nonprofit environment while enhancing marketing and event planning skills. This will be accomplished by advertising through Web sites, media, business partnerships, and promotional materials.
Selected intern will gain valuable experience in the area(s) of: business and non-profit management; development and fundraising; marketing & PR; logistics; social media; professionalism; and community relations. Students currently enrolled towards a degree in the following areas are strongly encouraged to apply: Marketing, Public Relations, Communications, Public Administration, Public Health, Social Work or other related areas of study. However, all majors are considered for the position.
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) is the world’s largest non-profit health organization dedicated to finding cures for blood cancers. Student Series is a set of science-based philanthropy programs. We connect schools with local blood cancer patients, provide tangible life skills to participants, and allow students to see the impact they're making in the lives of others. Our Pennies for Patients program is for elementary and middle schools that would like to support us in our mission to create a world without cancer by conducting a fundraising campaign. By participating in Pennies for Patients, teachers and administrators will have opportunities to incorporate a unique STEM curriculum into their classrooms that gives students an insider's look into LLS-funded research, and where their money gets invested.
Students are also connected with local children who are affected by blood cancers, what we call our "Honored Heroes".
THIS IS AN UNPAID INTERNSHIP THAT WE CAN CONSIDER FOR COURSE CREDIT.
( This position has the potential to become a paid internship for the right candidate who can dedicate 20-25 hours a week, as well as other considerations)
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with the recruitment phase of special events & process registration forms and mail initial communication pieces with Student Series Schools.
- Participate in the planning and execution of social media strategies as well as distribution of communication pieces.
- Conduct recruitment and cultivation communication (calls, emails, etc.)
- Visit SS schools for meetings, pick-ups, and presentations/assemblies
- Assist director in daily/weekly/monthly tasks to benefit the growth of the campaign
- Assist with mailing save the dates, invitations, and flyers to previous participants.
- Support and lead research projects and special projects.
- Support the coordination and execution of events for Student Series
- Support the maintenance of social media activities and projects. Sp
- Develop and maintain a working knowledge of The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society mission, vision, and goals.
- Detail-oriented and strong organizational skills
- Professional demeanor
- Available AT LEAST 15 hours a week, maximum hours a week: 25
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Working knowledge of MS Office (specifically Excel) and database management
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a team environment while also possesses the ability to work independently.
Work hours are flexible in order to work around class schedules.
This internship is unpaid - potential for class credit is available pending school approval.
Job Type: Internship